So I finished reading The Light Between Oceans a few months back – I even wrote a review which you can check out here – and I wanted to share with you some of my favourite lines crafted in the novel. Upon reading the book, it was clear that M.L. Stedman knows how to create some beautiful sentences, so enjoy these quotes and let us know which are your favourites!
Top 10 Quotes – The Light Between Oceans
- “He struggles to make sense of it – all this love, so bent out of shape, refracted, like light through the lens.”
- “But as he touched her, he was for the first time in year acutely aware that the hands that now touched her were the hands that had heaved her father into the grave.”
- “A lighthouse is for others; powerless to illuminate the space closest to it.”
- “Life, … you could never trust the bastard. What it gives with one hand, it takes away with the other.”
- “Lucy grew. The light turned. Time passed.”
- “The first night back on Janus, the wind howled around the lantern room, pushing at the thick panes of glass in the tower, testing for some weak spot.”
- “It’s just love, Tom. No need to be scared of love.”
- “So Isabel floats further and further into her world of divine benevolence, where prayers are answered, where babies arrive by the will of God and the working of currents.”
- “A whole personality is emerging, as the girl catches and masters words, and begins to articulate how she feels, who she is.”
- “How did you ever make me feel like this?”
What were your favourite quotes from the book? Let us know what they were and why in the comments below. Also, don’t forget to give us some ideas of what other books you would like us to read and share!